Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I still call Tasmania home. Sigh.



Ok so I got back home a week and one day ago! I was happy to be going home. Although I loved traveling constantly, it was time for it to finish . Only so much backpacking is healthy! But it was also a tiny bit sad. Anyway, it felt weird to be home for the first few days. You know that weird feeling, when you've traveled for awhile and then you're back where you started out from, and it's as if you never went anywhere? Well that only lasted a few days, because soon enough I was heading up north with my sisters for my oldest sister's wedding. Carly married Quilly, who she'd been with for 9 years. The wedding was in Yolla, where we grew up. My second oldest sister, Leesa, was the maid of honour and I was the "other" bridesmaid! The best man was a guy called Simon and the "other" groomsman was Quilly's mate Sam. Carly added her unique touch to the wedding - a blue dress, stripey blue stockings and red glittery shoes. She looked beautiful and Quilly looked super excited when she walked up the aisle to Bob Dylan's "love minus zero."

Disaster struck when Leesa got kidney stones on the morning of the wedding. Although she went through some excruciating contraction-like pains, she refused to be taken to the hospital and eventually recovered in time for the wedding. Tough girl! In other incidents, the car carrying Carly broke down on the way to the wedding, but isn't that a cliche wedding story? Quilly also accidentally called me Carly when he was thanking the bridesmaids in his speech. Whoopsies.

Coming soon, I'm going to REFLECT on my trip to Europe! Particularly the most hilarious and downright shocking occurrences, plus the best places I had the pleasure of visiting. So stay tuned. It's going to be exciting. You will be shocked. On another note, Mike and Christine Jolly are having a baby, which I only just found out! That is super exciting. On yet another note, it's raining, which is nice too.

1 comment:

adrian said...

Nice pics.. thanks for the update.
p.s. I´m glad it went well, despite Leesa´s painful problem..