Thursday, December 10, 2009

Did you know - weddings are expensive?

We have been looking into invitations and I found an online store that stocked pre-cut invitation cards (saves us the trouble of cutting and scoring them) for a reasonable price. They were listed as being about $25 for a pack of 25. So I called up the shop which is located in Sydney and asked for two samples cards, one in each of two shades.

The shop assistant emailed me a quote for the sample I had requested. The quote said:

Colour #1 single sheet - $1.00
Cutting and scoring service - $10.00
Colour #2 single sheet - $1.00
Cutting and scoring service - $10.00
Postage and handling - $10.00
-----
Total: $32.00

For two pieces of card!! So I called the shop in question and asked "why does it cost you $10 to cut and score each piece of card?" The girl replied "I can remove that charge if I send you a card that we have already cut and scored. Then you will only need to pay a total of $12." Me: "I can't really afford to pay $12 for two pieces of card. Why does the postage cost $10?" Her: "Because you're in Tasmania." Me: "But I can send a letter anywhere in Australia for 50c and an A4 letter for $1." Her: "Yes but we use registered post, so that things don't get lost." Me: "They're only samples... I'm happy for you to just stick them in an envelope with a couple of stamps and risk them getting lost." Her: "I'll check with my manager and get back to you."

*Sigh* Still haven't heard back.

1 comment:

BSJ-rom said...

This is funny. If you weren't smiling when you wrote this, reread it, and you will be smiling by the end of it.