Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The French Riviera!



I'm fully aware that it's slightly cruel posting photos of beautiful beaches and blue ocean and sunshine when people are taking exams. I apologise for this.. but, on the other hand, it might be a nice distraction! It's been occurring to me more and more lately that when I get home I have to look for a job. Sigh! So I suppose I should be doing everything I can to make the most of my last few weeks here! In fact, I'm home in 12 days. Yikes. I am looking forward to it though.

Luzern isn't really worth writing about, because I hurt my back there and was a pretty unhappy chappy for the 2 nights I spent there, so I'll just tell you about Nice! That's where I've been for 2 nights, and spending one more. Yesterday I went down to the beach and swam, and lay in the sun for a bit. The water is absolutely gorgeous.. bright blue and not warm, but not cold. A beautiful piece of God's amazing creation. It was gorgeous weather too, yesterday.. sunny and hot. But the beach just doesn't compare to Tassie's east coast, I'm afraid. The beach here in Nice is all rocks and pebbles. Pretty uncomfortable! And it's incredibly crowded with sunbathers. I didn't take any daytime photos, so what you see here is either morning or night-time, when the beach is far less crowded and the whole scene is much calmer.

Today I'm going to try to train to Monaco and maybe Cannes, depending on the train schedules. They're striking at the moment, so I'll have to see. Tomorrow I'm catching the train to Milan in Italy, and staying there one night, then flying to Santorini, one of the Greek islands. Then I'll spend a week there, and then fly home. Nearly there! I'm actually quite looking forward to going home, cos not only must all good things come to an end (most, not all!), but I also love home. And I miss my friends and my family and Hobart and even Henrietta, strangely enough. See you all soon! I'm praying for you people taking exams, and I'll be back to celebrate with you when you're done!!

I made two Nice albums.. Nice by Morning and Nice by Night. Enjoy! xx

No comments: