Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rostock and Warnemünde


Hey hey, well I'm leaving today for Berlin.. finally! I'm sure there'll be lots to see there. I've been looking forward to it. Still, it will be the biggest city I've ever been to, so I'm quite at risk of getting lost. One thing I've discovered while I've been travelling, though, is I'm good at reading maps! Woo!

I didn't really bother going into the old part of Rostock, or any of it really, because I think it's much like a smaller version of Bremen. What I did do though, was catch a train up the the seaside city of Warnemünde yesterday, about 20min train from here. It was the first day I've had in Europe so far when it hasn't been sunny. There was all this fog coming in off the Baltic Sea and it was beautiful!! I took lots of photos. Enjoy..

Some random observations of Germany thus far: #1 Their pillows are these huge square things, double the size of our little rectangular ones. Same with Denmark. #2 The paper towels in bathrooms are green. Always green. #3 Breakfast always consists of bread rolls or that really thick, heavy bread.. not like our weak, thin stuff! #4 Kinder chocolate is really cheap! Yummm I'm in Heaven! #5 Germans are actually really friendly.. yes, you better believe it. I had a conversation on the tram home yesterday with a German lady who didn't speak any English.. so I was forced to speak in German. And they are really nice when you try!

4 comments:

adrian said...

Wow that place looks cool also. reminds me a bit of a side trip to tomahawk in Tassie. same kind of views and weather. enjoy!

Elizabeth said...

Lovely photos! Did you have to pay to go to the beach in Germany? Claudia was telling us that near her place you have to pay to walk out on to the sand, and too bad if you need the loo as well, because they put them on the beach and then you have to pay twice!!!** I found Germany much easier to travel around in than France. Hope Berlin is great. This time last year CJ, MJ and I were winging our way to Hong Kong. xx Liz

Astrid said...

green bathrobes why? although I don't think you can answer that question for me tell me was it different greens or always the same shade of green.

Renae said...

Not bathrobes, paper towels. And all the same shade of green.