Sunday, May 11, 2008

PRAGUE - The Best of Europe So Far


Prague is beautiful. There is the old town and new town on one side of the river, then the Charles Bridge crosses over to the other side, above which is Prague Castle. Pretty impressive! You have to walk up all these mazey cobblestone streets to get to the Castle. Up there, more impressive than the castle, is the view. My favourite photos of Prague are shots of the Charles Bridge at dawn, empty except for a few people. I didn't quite get one at dawn, but I did get some good night shots. The hostel we stayed at here was luxury for what it was.. there was a swimming pool, beach volleyball, a big bar, and free breakfast and internet! I spent hours wandering around the city, for the most part with three girls from Busabout, all Australian, and another Australian guy. One of the highlights was going out to a club on Friday night, which I hadn't yet done in Europe. It was just near the Charles Bridge, and the biggest nightclub in Central Europe! There were 5 floors, each with a different music style. My favourite by far was the retro floor, where they played 70s, 80s, and some 90s music! It was great. We danced for hours and got back to the hostel at 4am. I couldn't believe they played such good music.. The next day we ended up walking up to the castle in the late afternoon, and the light was so beautiful on all of the buildings. Just perfect. Now I'm in Cesky Krumlov, a tiny medieval town 3 hours south of Prague, with a flowing river and a castle. More on that later! I'm really appreciating Europe right now and the opportunity I was given (for some reason) to be here. Take care..

4 comments:

adrian said...

Hi Renny,
That foto from Dresden was very nice.. and the latest ones also! Nice hat! Is your hair lighter?????????
Thanks for the pics.. keep ´em coming..!
Love, A.

Elizabeth said...

Renae, The river must be Vlatava (or Moldau). It has a special place in my heart because of a concert I went to many years ago. Smetana's
'My Fatherland' ......beautiful music.
Winston.

Astrid said...

big night club - sounds awesome I'll have to add this city to my travel plans - when if i travel

Elizabeth said...

So pleased you are having a wonderful time. Prague sounds fantastic. Hoping the rest of the busabout tour is just as good.
Liz