Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wiener Schnitzels and Mozart Balls.. Yep, that's Vienna!

Vienna.. everyone seemed to think it was going to be boring there. How can any city you haven't been to before be boring, I ask?? Anyway, it wasn't all high culture and art and music.. I thought it was beautiful. A lot of white buildings and interesting architecture. One of the highlights was going to this place called the Hundertwasser Haus (top photo).. years ago they commissioned an artist to design a house. He wasn't an architect, so he didn't use standard methods of straight lines! In fact, he believed that the straight line was a godless thing, and the only shape that doesn't reflect man being created in God's image.. interesting. In other words, he didn't like straight lines, so the building is all curvy, very colourful, and covered in green plants.. I liked it. I also went to see Mozart's, Beethoven's and Strauss' graves. Vienna was nice! Mozart balls are ok, but a bit overrated. Schnitzels, on the other hand, are very very good. Oh, and the other thing, Vienna was the first place on my trip that I explored entirely on my own.. most of the time I'm with people, but I really enjoyed a bit of alone-time in Vienna!

3 comments:

Astrid said...

the straight line concept is very interesting. other than that its good to see another part of the world

adrian said...

cool! yes, i think there are some places you´ve visited that you´d be happy not to have visited right!? glad vienna was good! nice pics!

Renae said...

Not really! I've liked every place so far!